W

X

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Radar Server Problems?

I ran WxRadar this more to take a looking a the weather coming to my area. Everything looked normal. This afternoon I received an email from a user saying that WxRadar was broke. I tried running WxRadar on my computer and it failed also.

It turns out that there is some problem with the radar server. It almost looks like they have discontinued the radar on that server. A quick check through the nws site found that the radar was working. After some digging I found that they were pulling radar from another location http://origin-radar.weather.gov

There is a registry key that can be created to use this server. I sent that information to the few users that asked about it this afternoon. I have sent emails to several NWS addresses to see what is happening.

No comments: