W

X

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Weather Message Production Server Conversion

The Weather Message Production Server was upgraded to Weather Message .Net 3.0 today. The conversion worked, however, I did identify a couple of problems that I will fix for the next beta.

  • The map ini file did not fully convert.
  • There seems to be some problem with TAP paging using a 300 baud modem.
  • WxDataSave is reporting a problem with graphic products.
  • Some of the WxLoader files did not fully convert.

Update 11/22/06 22:15 - These problems are now resolved.

Overall I am pleased and it appears that my server is using less cpu. The old WxDataSave really took alot of cpu.

I will be watching the server carefully over the next couple of days to make sure the conversion was clean.

No comments: